Monday, October 23, 2017

Writing Quotes 7



From Kate’s Writing Crate…


Quotes that inspire me:


         
Books take on a life of their own and they find their own destiny. That is the sorcery of literature.
                             --Elena Poniatowska



The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar, and familiar things new.
                             --Samuel Johnson



Every piece of writing you enjoy contains a lesson for your own writing.
                             --Kim Stafford



Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn’t wait to get to work in the morning: I wanted to know what I was going to say.
                             --Sharon O’Brien



The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think.
                             --Edwin Schlossberg



Writing is an act of faith, not a trick of grammar.
                             --E. B. White



Putting words together in a way which is unique, to me, is something I still think is one of the most thrilling things that one can do in one’s life.
                             --Seymour Simon





No comments:

Post a Comment