Thursday, December 4, 2014

Festive Book Trees For Christmas

From Cheryl's Writing Crate

I'm in definite, full-blown holiday swing at the moment, which is my excuse for being a bit behind on this week's blog post!

As busy as this time of year is for a mother of eight kids, it also happens to be one of my favorite seasons.  Those who know me well (blogging partner, Kate!) are not surprised that I begin listening to Christmas music as early as late October.  For some, that's absurdly too early, but I find holiday tunes incredibly uplifting and plain old cheerful, and I will be listening to the last jingle bell wafting through my home well past New Year's day.

This week, I am immersed in garlands, wreaths, twinkling lights, shimmering ornaments and everything else that represents the joy of decorating for Christmas.  My kids and I have been back and forth to the attic dozens of times bringing out our treasured decorations, and if we're lucky our home will be all decked out by late this weekend.

While I was doing some research on an article I'm currently writing, I accidentally stumbled upon some amazing photographs of Christmas trees that took my breath away.  No, they weren't 6-feet blue spruces or artificial masterpieces that twinkled in silver or gold, these trees were something even more spectacular--trees made out of one of my favorite items in the entire world--books!

I was so excited when I spotted them that  I immediately sent one to my partner in blogging crime, Kate and a few other friends that are as book crazy as I am.

I know this is a writing blog, but being that I'm presently in the spirit of decorating for Christmas I thought I'd share a few of the tree images I found to be so inspiring.  Who knows, maybe when I finish stringing up the lights on our own tree this weekend, I might attempt a book tree of my own.

Feast your eyes on these beautiful pieces of art!





What are some of the different ways books inspire you throughout the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment