Monday, December 21, 2015

Plan Ahead: Instead of Resolutions, Choose a Word for the Year




   

From Kate’s Writing Crate…
 



          I’m a writer so I don’t know why I didn’t think to choose a word to highlight each New Year, but since I heard about this practice on the Pioneer Woman’s Thanksgiving cooking show, I have been considering my options. The man who mentioned this practice chose the word enjoy as he wants to remember to enjoy more things in his life.

          Instead of resolutions this year, I’m choosing a word to filter and focus my life through. One of my favorite words is perspicacious. Definition: acutely discerning (to see differences, make distinctions).

This year, I’m going to concentrate on being a perspicacious person.

          I will not take things for granted. I will examine choices I make and events that occur. I want to see what is revealed.

Habits will not be enough of a reason to do anything. I need to make conscious decisions and follow my intuition which is always perspicacious. I need to pay attention before, during, and after events to see the connections, causes and effects.

Not only will this make life more intriguing, but my writing more authentic. Details are what make my life mine and my writing real.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment