Monday, April 24, 2017

Writing Tired



From Kate’s Writing Crate…


          I’ve just wrapped up another deadline week. Worked a lot of hours and I’m exhausted, but the May issues of the magazines are at the printer.

          Exhausted or not, I still have project deadlines including the one for this blog. No excuses, I have to write my post by midnight.

However, only one of the three lightbulbs in the ceiling light fixture is working. Two were working yesterday. Now the lamp is causing a glare. As I stare at my keyboard I realize I’ve worn down some of the letters on the keys. The N and the M look almost identical now with only the left side up and down strokes visible. The O, C and the G keys are identical—all two thirds of a C. The L and the I keys are also identical as are the E and the F. The T is only a top dash. The H key is a backwards 4. And the A key looks like a funny P.

Weird how I didn’t notice this while in my deadline frenzy, but now that I’m writing for my own pleasure, my tired eyes can’t see anything else as I hit the wrong keys repeatedly.

But, as I mentioned, there are no excuses for not meeting a deadline. I’m hunting and pecking because I don’t want to misspell any words.

As soon as I’m done, I’m ordering a new keyboard. Tomorrow, a taller person than I will replace the burnt out lightbulbs. I bought some IFD, I mean LED ones that last for a decade or more, supposedly. We’ll see.

In the meantime, no excuses. My deadline is met despite the obstacles. Writers write.



My word count for the week of April 16-22 was 10,814.




No comments:

Post a Comment